Dragging Is Very Slow With Many DOM Items On Page
React DnD doesn't appear to scale well.
I have a list of five hundred drop targets and it take several seconds to pick up an element.
Is there anyway of speeding this up?
The list scrolls perfectly smoothly.
I'm using react-virtual to reduce the number of DOM elements in existence, although unfortunately the drawing performance is well behind native rendering.
Also, a helpful thread...
While technically you can stretch React DnD performance to ~3000 items, there’s no way for it to not lag after a certain point without changing the API (and making it less useful). If you have thousands of rows, I think you should be using virtualized lists anyway.
- → Import statement and Babel
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '__SECRET_DOM_DO_NOT_USE_OR_YOU_WILL_BE_FIRED' of undefined
- → .tsx webpack compile fails: Unexpected token <
- → React-router: Passing props to children
- → ListView.DataSource looping data for React Native
- → React Native with visual studio 2015 IDE
- → Can't test submit handler in React component
- → React + Flux - How to avoid global variable
- → Webpack, React & Babel, not rendering DOM
- → How do I determine if a new ReactJS session and/or Browser session has started?
- → Alt @decorators in React-Native
- → How to dynamically add class to parent div of focused input field?