Do I Need To Submit Separate (Mobile) Sitemap For AMP Pages?
before responsive design we need mobile specific sitemaps, but with responsive design they were not needed.
But with introduction of Accelerate Mobile Pages (AMP), we are again having mobile specific URLs, so my questions are:
- Do we need Separate (Mobile) Sitemap for AMP pages?
- if yes, then what schemas we should use?
- old schema http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap-mobile/1.0? or something new?
No need providing you have a
rel="amphtml" link in your regular page to tell crawlers the AMP HTML version as discussed here:
Similarly your AMP pages should have a rel="canonical" link to point to real page, to avoid search engines thinking you have duplicate content.
In fact for Google, in the Google Search Console for you site there is an AMP section (under Search Appearance section) that shows all AMP pages it has found and if there are any problems with them.
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms
- → Inline JS callback syntax Vs Internal JS callback syntax
- → Prevent form action from being followed by robots
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → SEO Canonical URL in Greek characters
- → Htaccess negation
- → Wrapping anchor elements with text
- → Adding schema.org to site
- → dynamic php title depends on page id and using of "if (isset"
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → Bigcommerce Repeating url
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Wrapper inside or outside HTML5 semantics main, which is best practice?