Do I Need A Node.js Server As Well As Laravel Echo Server?
I am struggling to get broadcasting working with Laravel. I am working with multiple tutorials because none of them fully explain everything I need to understand. I just read a tutorial that included setting up a Node.js Server with ioredis but I assumed that Laravel Echo Server is doing that job already. Is it?
No, you don't need a node.js server. You can use laravel-websockets package which exempts you from using any kind of broadcasting server. I'm using it for broadcasting with laravel Echo and it's really simple to set up by following installation instructions.
In fact, the best option is to set it up with pusher.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → Make a Laravel collection into angular array (octobercms)
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?
- → Validating fileupload(image Dimensions) in Backend Octobercms
- → OctoberCMS Fileupload completely destroys my backend
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms