Django With Ngrok On Shopify
I'm trying to get json data about orders from Shopify. The 'manage private apps' options seem to have changed in the last year or so and the last tut I can find for integrating with django seems out of date.
The Shopify private app tut for Ruby uses ngrok to establish a tunneling protocol and connect the local environment with the webhook, but I'm not sure how to use the ngrok proxy url in Django?
ngrok is running fine and I have the .ngrok.io url pointed at port 8000
I need to somehow pass a url in the format
to the ngrok proxy. How would I do that with Django?
Typically you would use ngrok for
- receiving webhooks from shopify as shopify will push webhooks to HTTPS enabled endpoints only.
- Developing public app
if you want to call any shopify API, you don't need ngrok tunnel.
https://apikey:[email protected]/admin/resource.json format is for private apps
Just make a request to
https://apikey:[email protected]/admin/orders.json using your python script to get orders from shopify.
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → Uncaught ReferenceError: Parent is not defined
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → Implement shopify templates in django
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → How to avoid being crawled/penalized by Google
- → Django: Identify the urls that provide duplicate content and set a canonical link
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Jquery Modal Confirmation on Django form submit for deletion of object
- → changing the size of an image with css
- → shopify_auth multi store session handling
- → How to use Shopify Python API RecurringApplicationCharge