Disallow Query Strings In Robots.txt For Only One Url
so I have one url,
chickens.com/hatching that has potential query strings it could be indexed with, i.e.
chickens.com/hatching?type=fast. I would definitely like to keep the base url,
chickens.com/hatching indexed, but no query parameters. I would like query parameters indexed on other pages, just not this one, so a catchall for all pages will not work. Secondarily, I am rewriting urls to remove trailing slashes, would this catch
chickens.com/hatching/?type=fast as well as
Does this work as a solution to my issue?
I have heard this only works for google crawlers... is there a more robust solution for all crawlers?
Thanks for any help! It is greatly appreciated.
User-agent: * Disallow: /hatching? Disallow: /hatching/
This robots.txt will block all URLs whose path starts with
/hatching/, so for example:
It’s only using features from the original robots.txt specification, so all conforming bots should be able to understand this.
- → How do I call the value from another backed page form and use it on a component in OctoberCms
- → Inline JS callback syntax Vs Internal JS callback syntax
- → Prevent form action from being followed by robots
- → How to remove parameters from the root URL if it does I18n
- → SEO Canonical URL in Greek characters
- → Htaccess negation
- → Wrapping anchor elements with text
- → Adding schema.org to site
- → dynamic php title depends on page id and using of "if (isset"
- → Building sitemap for 2 wordpress install under 1 domain
- → Bigcommerce Repeating url
- → 301 Redirection from no-www to www in wordpress
- → Wrapper inside or outside HTML5 semantics main, which is best practice?