Difference Between 404 And Soft 404
I want to know what is the difference between 404 error page and Soft 404
404 is a HTTP response code which means the 'Not Found'. When Server unable to find a requested resource from the client, it returns a HTTP Response code 404.
Soft 404 is when server redirects to a customised page to stop user from viewing the requested resource. There might be cases like a 404 has happened or it may not happened. The page requested is available,but that page is not working properly, So rather than ,viewing the partly wokring page, user is redirected to a custom page without providing the resource asked for.In Google’s own words: “This is like a giraffe wearing a name tag that says ‘dog’. Just because the name tag says it’s a dog, doesn’t mean it’s actually a dog. Similarly, just because a page says 404, doesn’t mean it’s returning a 404 status code.” By soft 404 means, user will be redirected to a custom page or other location because of any reasons[might be 404 or anything else.].
These urls can be checked for reference::
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → How to update data attribute on Ajax complete
- → laravel blade templating error
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → How to dynamically add class to parent div of focused input field?
- → Setting the maxlength of text in an element that is displayed
- → Expanding search bar not expanding before search
- → Get the calling element with vue.js
- → Blade: how to include a section in one page but not in another
- → How to print/log reactjs rendered dom?
- → how to write react component to construct HTML DOM