Data Scraping With Python And Beautiful Soup
I am currently making my first steps with Python & Beautiful Soup in order to scrape data from the Russian statistics website.
Looking at different examples here on Stack Overflow, I think the code is correct, and yet my simple query does not return anything from this site. When executing the code, my Python command line remains blank, but also does not return an error.
What's wrong here?
My (very simple) code:
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup import urllib2 url = "http://www.gks.ru/bgd/free/B00_25/IssWWW.exe/Stg/d000/000715.HTM" page = urllib2.urlopen(url) soup = BeautifulSoup(page.read()) print(soup)
you need to specify a parser:
soup = BeautifulSoup(page.read(), 'html.parser')
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Django, code inside <script> tag doesn't work in a template
- → React - Django webpack config with dynamic 'output'
- → GAE Python app - Does URL matter for SEO?
- → Put a Rendered Django Template in Json along with some other items
- → session disappears when request is sent from fetch
- → Python Shopify API output formatted datetime string in django template
- → Shopify app: adding a new shipping address via webhook
- → Shopify + Python library: how to create new shipping address
- → shopify python api: how do add new assets to published theme?
- → Access 'HTTP_X_SHOPIFY_SHOP_API_CALL_LIMIT' with Python Shopify Module