Connecting To MySQL Database With My IOS App
I am writing an iOS app for my school to keep track of pupil's rewards, grades, etc. I need to connect to a MySQL online database with my app, I need to be able to upload to it, query it, and download the results to display in my app.
I think I need to do this via a PHP page, however there is no reasonably clear tutorial on how to do it. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
You need a webserver with a PHP/ASP/JSP/etc script to interact with the database. Create an API with common operations like SELECT, UPDATE or INSERT, and then call this url's inside the iOS app.
- → I can't do a foreign key, constraint error
- → How to implement DbDongle::convertTimestamps as workaround of invalid timestamps with MySql strict
- → MySQL error "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed"
- → Eloquent Multitable query
- → "Laravel 5.1" add user and project with userId
- → Database backup with custom code in laravel 5 and get the data upto 10 rows from per table in database
- → Laravel 5.1 QueryException when trying to delete a project
- → Using Array in '->where()' for Laravel Query Building
- → Chaining "Count of Columns" of a Method to Single Query Builder
- → Laravel Eloquent Joining Strange query
- → convert time using mysql laravel 5
- → How to update a column after an expiration date in MySQL?
- → Foreign key constraint fails on existing key