Cocoapods - FirebaseAnalytics Only Installed When Using FirebaseCore
So, this question is not about how to fix something, but about how it is working this way.
I want to use FirebaseMessage in my app for push notifications, which have a dependency FirebaseCore. I started just adding FirebaseMessage to my Podfile
I got installed:
Installing Firebase (5.4.1) Installing FirebaseCore (5.0.6) Installing FirebaseInstanceID (3.1.1) Installing FirebaseMessaging (3.0.3) Installing GoogleToolboxForMac (2.1.4) Installing Protobuf (3.6.0)
Okey, problem here is that I get a warning when building the project, because FirebaseAnalytics is missing. No problem, I can add:
pod 'Firebase/Messaging' pod 'Firebase/Core'
Installing Firebase (5.4.1) Installing FirebaseAnalytics (5.0.1) Installing FirebaseCore (5.0.6) Installing FirebaseInstanceID (3.1.1) Installing FirebaseMessaging (3.0.3) Installing GoogleToolboxForMac (2.1.4) Installing Protobuf (3.6.0) Installing nanopb (0.3.8)
...and I get nanopb and FirebaseAnalytics extra.
Why is this happening? Looking at the podspecs, FirebaseCore has no dependencies related to FirebaseAnalytics: https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs/blob/master/Specs/8/b/d/FirebaseCore/5.0.6/FirebaseCore.podspec.json
I would like to find what tells cocoapods to install the FirebaseAnalytics pod, and why it only happens when I specifically install FirebaseCore.
Firebase/Core is the
Core subspec of the Firebase pod. See details in the Firebase podspec.
While the FirebaseCore pod does not depend on FirebaseAnalytics, the Core subspec of the Firebase pod does.
It is unfortunate that "Core" is overloaded in Firebase terminology, but would tricky to change at this point without breaking a lot of apps.
- → Function Undefined in Axios promise
- → What are the pluses/minuses of different ways to configure GPIOs on the Beaglebone Black?
- → Click to navigate on mobile devices
- → Playing Video - Server is not correctly configured - 12939
- → How to allow api access to android or ios app only(laravel)?
- → Axios array map callback
- → Access the Camera and CameraRoll on Android using React Native?
- → Update React [Native] View on Day Change
- → Shopify iOS SDK - issue converting BuyProductVariant to BuyProduct
- → BigCommerce and shopify API
- → Warning: Each child in an array or iterator should have a unique "key" prop. Check the render method of `ListView`
- → React Native - Differences between Android and IOS
- → What is the difference between React Native and React?