Cloud Firestore Offline Encryption
Does anyone know if the local cache of the Firebase Cloud Firestore is encrypted at rest on the clients? I want to temporarily store sensitive details (think payment details) in the datastore until network connectivity becomes available and I can fire off some cloud functions and dispose of the data. I could go about encrypting the data before it is stored, but then that necessitates the need to rotate keys etc.
The google group responded, and the answer is no. The store is not encrypted on the device. This facilitated the need for encryption prior to storing the data.
- → How can I query Firebase for an equalTo boolean parameter?
- → How can I access nested data in Firebase with React?
- → Firebase simple blog (confused with security rules)
- → Removing item in Firebase with React, re-render returns item undefined
- → AngularJS Unknown Provider Error (Firebase & AngularFire)
- → How do you pass top level component state down to Routes using react-router?
- → "this" is null in firebase query function in reactjs
- → Angular Module Failed to Load
- → Multiple dex files define Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzrx;
- → Joining Firebase tables in React
- → How can I make add firepad to my reactjs project?
- → How to use Cloud Functions for Firebase to prerender pages for SEO?
- → React.js component has null state?