Clearing Shopping Cart After Checkout
I have implemented a shopping cart in laravel using sessions. Now, i think I am kinda unclear as to how I would clear the cart for each user after checkout. My understanding is that sessions are created when the browser is open and destroyed when it is closed. I also get that sessions are created on the users machine. How would i go about destroying that session object after user has checked out?
What, i have is that, a status code would be sent back to a route in my application that would trigger the clear cart function if the payment was successful. Have i misunderstood how sessions operate?
I expect that when a user completes a transaction, the payment gateway will return a code and i could use that code to clear session.
Yes, you can clear the session value for cart on successful transaction.
Assuming you store your cart details in session in a key called cart, you can delete it from session like this:
or using the helper method like this:
This is if the cart details are stored in session, if they are stored in your db, you can begin a mysql (given you are using mysql) transaction at the beginning of your checkout and clear the cart for that particular user. In case of a payment failure, you can rollback the transaction leaving everything intact in cart.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?