Can I Simulate A User's Visit With File_get_contents()
Im thinking in a cron which executes daily one php script. This script will make a file_get_contents() to one url I assign. Can i do this for simulate a user's visit? Does it work like a visit?
$page = file_get_contents('http://www.example.com/'); echo $page;
You can "simulate" this kind of action, but it's better to be done with curl. Also to do this I would recommend going through this stackoverflow post, it explains all the variables which are needed to be supplied by doing a server side request, rather than opening the page through a browser and loading the analytics js.
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page
- → How to disable assets combining on development in OctoberCMS
- → October CMS - Radio Button Ajax Click Twice in a Row Causes Content to disappear
- → OctoberCms component: How to display all ID(items) instead of sorting only one ID?
- → In OctoberCMS how do you find the hint path?
- → How to register middlewares in OctoberCMS plugin?