Can I Query Hyperledger Fabric Ledger Or Update Ledger Without Chaincode In Peer?
I have simple question about Hyperledger Fabric. so here is my question:
I know that for committing peers (ordinary peers) it's not 100% necessary to have chaincode installed, but every peer should have ledger and that's 100% necessary.
so suppose I am committing peer and I have not chaincode installed, but I have ledger of course. Now new block arrives from ordering peer.
1) I should check blocks validity, so I need to query ledger
2) I should add this block, so I need to update ledger.
So how can I do this two above without chaincode? Isn't chaincode necessary for above operations? (query and update)
To check the transaction/block's validity, the peer does not need to have the chaincode, the readwrite set available in the transaction is compared against the ledger (available in all peer) to decide the validity.
And adding the block to the ledger is not dependent upon the validity check. If it was found invalid, it will still be added to the ledger but with an invalid tag.
- → Can I query Hyperledger Fabric ledger or update ledger without chaincode in peer?
- → Can Hyperledger Fabric Be Used To Create A Tradable Cryptocurrency?
- → Principal deserialization failure (the supplied identity is not valid: x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid)
- → Create Channel failed in Hyperledger Fabric
- → What to put inside wallet for hyperledger fabric application, if crypto material is generted using cryptogen?
- → Syntax for passing two values into a query for hyperledger fabric?
- → how to edit JSON type easily in golang(like Node.js)
- → Can fabric-node-sdk 1.2 be used with a Fabric 1.1 network?
- → Get chaincode caller ID from the function InvokeChaincode() in Hyperledger Fabric Node SDK
- → Historian for a particular participant
- → node chaincode instantiate behind proxy
- → How to put two node.js chaincodes in the same folder
- → How to use HyperLedger Composer Node Sdk?