Browser Sync Not Working Permissions Issue
Browser Sync is not launching live server after installing node/npm as a root user. Backstory: I tried installing Browser Sync npm to no avail then i installed the npm package and got a permissions error so i installed via the root and it installed. I switched to my regular user acct and tried to launch browser sync to no avail i assumed it would run b/c npm or node was a globe install. While in my regular user account, i ran
npm install -g browser-sync
in the terminal again, however im still having permissions issues.
npm WARN checkPermissions Missing write access to /usr/local/lib/node_modules/browser-sync
I'm using sublime 3 on a mac. Also, i tried using browser sync w/o installing npm to no avail any suggestions would be appreciated, even another tool recommendation.
Change the golbal insall directory using npm config command.
mkdir ~/.npm-global npm config set prefix '~/.npm-global' export PATH=~/.npm-global/bin:$PATH
- → Maximum call stack exceeded when instantiating class inside of a module
- → Browserify api: how to pass advanced option to script
- → Node.js Passing object from server.js to external modules?
- → gulp-rename makes copies, but does not replace
- → requiring RX.js in node.js
- → Remove an ObjectId from an array of objectId
- → Can not connect to Redis
- → React: How to publish page on server using React-starter-kit
- → Express - better pattern for passing data between middleware functions
- → Can't get plotly + node.js to stream data coming through POST requests
- → IsGenerator implementation
- → Async/Await not waiting
- → (Socket.io on nodejs) Updating div with mysql data stops without showing error