Binding A Socket To Port 80 In Ansi C
When I try to bind port 80 to a socket in c, i always get the error, that I don't have permission to use this port. is there an easy way to get this permission?
Usually only the superuser (root) can bind to 'privileged' ports (i.e. those port numbers below 1024).
This means that you either have to run your program as root or make your executable 'suid root'.
Both of these have security consequences so you may want to consider using the suid approach and relinquishing superuser privileges once the bind call has been made.
- → OctoberCMS Backend Loging Hash Error
- → "failed to open stream" error when executing "migrate:make"
- → OctoberCMS - How to make collapsible list default to active only on non-mobile
- → Create plugin that makes objects from model in back-end
- → October CMS Plugin Routes.php not registering
- → OctoberCMS Migrate Table
- → How to install console for plugin development in October CMS
- → OctoberCMS Rain User plugin not working or redirecting
- → October CMS Custom Mail Layout
- → October CMS - How to correctly route
- → October CMS create a multi select Form field
- → How to update data attribute on Ajax complete
- → October CMS - Conditionally Load a Different Page