Authenticate Shopify From Asp.net
So the idea is to give users of the current asp.net application access to the shop without them having to register again.
Are there any design considerations here, would it be bad practice to bypass the default shopify auth, or would it be a bad user experience to register twice.
Has anyone implemented 3rd party auth to shopify successfully?
Yes, there is an option for the Shopify Plus users. If you already have some application and wants to allow your users to access Shopify without logging in again you can use Multipass. According to Shopify website
Multipass login is for store owners who have a separate website and a Shopify store. It redirects users from the website to the Shopify store and seamlessly logs them in with the same email address they used to sign up for the original website. If no account with that email address exists yet, one is created. There is no need to synchronize any customer databases.
This is a standard option from Shopify so cannot be considered a bad pratcice and you don't have to consider any other options like security conisderations etc. Just implement Multipass login using standard recommendations in documentation.
- → Function Undefined in Axios promise
- → React formatting dates with momentjs server side
- → AngularJS directive: "templateUrl" doesn't work while "template" works
- → how to add cannonical tag for ASPX .NET page
- → URL routing requires /Home/Page?page=1 instead of /Home/Page/1
- → ASP.NET routing w/ changing article name
- → NumericTextBox Loses Value using Html.TextBoxFor, not HTML
- → How to do Bundling of css & js files in Drupal
- → Does the fact that every page is reachable through www.example.com and www.example.com/index have any SEO impact?
- → How to add rich snippet in a website?
- → UrlRewriting does not work on server, but on localhost it works fine on asp.net?
- → Bootstrap Nav Collapse via Data Attributes Not Working