Android Monospace Doesn't Behave As A Fixed-pitch
As you can see in the screenshot below the two different strings with the same length not drawn with the same width on the canvas. I'm using a monospaced typeface, so isn't it promised to be drawn with the same width? Is that because of the kerning?
This is a well-known kerning issue with monosapce font on Android. It looks like this is a quite old topic.
Some people have already faced this problem:
Android Monospace fonts aren't fixed width - 2013-06-11
Are Android monospace fonts actually fixed size? - 2016-06-22
The issue also occurred in mobile web environment:
Font monospace Android 2.3 - 2013-07-11
where problem explained with missing glyph:
Looking for an alternative fixed-width font might be the easiest way. Some helpful links to find one:
You can override text drawing using Spans. This post may help you: https://stackoverflow.com/a/53452941/5823014
You can modify the monospace font file to fix kerning. This online tool can be useful: http://www.glyphrstudio.com/online/
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → Phonegap Android write to sd card
- → Local reference jquery script in nanohttpd (Android)
- → Click to navigate on mobile devices
- → How to allow api access to android or ios app only(laravel)?
- → Access the Camera and CameraRoll on Android using React Native?
- → React native change listening port
- → What is the default unit of style in React Native?
- → Google play market autocomplete icon
- → Warning: Each child in an array or iterator should have a unique "key" prop. Check the render method of `ListView`
- → Using Laravel with Genymotion
- → react native using like web-based ajax function
- → react native pdf View