Android "Hello, MapView" Tutorial - Map Tiles Do Not Load
I am new to Android software development and new to this site. I am hoping someone might have some experience with the problem I am having.
I've been following the Hello, MapView tutorial in order to not only learn the Android framework, but also the Google Maps library. I've tried my best to implement things exactly as the tutorial has instructed. My problem is that the application does load in my emulator (or even on my phone for that matter), but the map tiles do not load.
Searching Google I found a post by someone else on another site having the same issue, but his/her problem was that the important elements added to the AndroidManifest.xml file were not in the right order. I double-checked this in mine, but everything seems to be right.
So, I am not sure what the issue is and was hoping others have seen this before. I can provide any snippets of code, if that would help.
Non-loading tiles are usually the result of not having the API key set up correctly. Obtaining a Maps API key
To answer the response you left to d.: If you want to have it "just work" when you run from Eclipse you'll need to get an API key for your debug certificate. There's instructions on the same page as before. Do note that you'll have to swap back to your other key before publishing though.
- → should I choose reactjs+f7 or f7+vue.js?
- → Phonegap Android write to sd card
- → Local reference jquery script in nanohttpd (Android)
- → Click to navigate on mobile devices
- → How to allow api access to android or ios app only(laravel)?
- → Access the Camera and CameraRoll on Android using React Native?
- → React native change listening port
- → What is the default unit of style in React Native?
- → Google play market autocomplete icon
- → Warning: Each child in an array or iterator should have a unique "key" prop. Check the render method of `ListView`
- → Using Laravel with Genymotion
- → react native using like web-based ajax function
- → react native pdf View